Wednesday, May 5, 2010

There are few things that I enjoy more than an all nighter at the library: long walks through different neighborhoods paired with good conversation, finishing off a bottle of Cab Sauv with a good mate, or cuddling next to a partner for the night. This all-nighter has turned out to be quite eventful, with some reservations. I have witnessed some creepy looking individuals that have interesting taste in clothing. I see bad marriages of patterns everywhere and not to mention inside out sweatshirts and frizz-a-licious hair. But the best is that I am on the fourth floor with starbucks and bibio on my laptop. I think that I have never commented on more Facebook statuses than tonight and I am still wondering what date the Church of Saint-Ettiene was consecrated.
I did happen to carry on a good conversation via Facebook chat with a dashing young man, present at my birthday fiesta, of sorts. This conversation covered many of the likely suspects in my recent conversation topics log. The resume refurbishment that occurred Monday, the new interning opportunities that are in sight with the Richmond office of tourism, as well as the final day of work coming on the 19th. This review of my life is always good, especially in conversation, as a way of keeping me in a upward linear direction.
Linear directions are always good. In my opinion a forward moving path is far more opportune than a stagnant or stationary. I now planning a goal to put forth more portfolio pieces(as many as 2 by the end of the month) as well as either logging them via blog, or by putting them on a domain that I will purchase exclusively to showcase my work for potential employers. Also, in this process, I am planning to either purchase the Adobe CS5 family, or acquiring it through the fraternity brothers and sis's that live next door. They have proven to pretty useless in any specific manner at all. Till I do acquire these, I will be traveling to and from the mac lab(a whole four or five blocks in total) from my house.
And in that I will leave the cybershere to continue my journey through art history's vast expanse.

No comments: